JOIN THE COMMUNITY

Home Pregnancy & Birth

Pregnancy & Birth

Should I be taking prenatal vitamins or supplements? And is there any medication I shouldn’t be taking?

If you’re not already taking it, as soon as you find out you’re pregnant, start taking folic acid as it’s important for your babies’...

What else can I do to make sure I have a healthy multiples pregnancy?

While we’d suggest following pretty much the same advice as with a singleton pregnancy, a multiples pregnancy can be more taxing on your body...

Should I eat for two? Or three… or four…

In a word; No! Sorry to be killjoys, but as long as you’re eating the right things - plenty of nutrients in a balanced...

I’m having slight spotting and bleeding in my multiples pregnancy. Should I be concerned?

Whether it’s accompanied by pain or not, you should always, always check out vaginal bleeding straight away with your healthcare provider or local hospital...

Is a multiples pregnancy more risky than a singleton pregnancy?

Yes, it is, but please don’t let this worry you unduly. Statistically, a multiples pregnancy is considered higher risk than a singleton pregnancy, but...

How long does a multiple pregnancy last?

While a full-term singleton pregnancy is considered 40 weeks, for one reason or another multiples pregnancies tend to be slightly shorter. If you’re carrying...

So you’re actually having twins, triplets or more. Now what?

Expecting multiples can be a huge shock, the best news you’ve ever had or the cause of great worry and stress (or all three)....

I’ve been told there are two sacs in my uterus, but then my doctor said it might not be twins. I’m confused…

If you discover very early on you’re having twins - in the first trimester - you’ll be told doctors can see two sacs and...

When will I know how many babies I’m carrying?

Again, every pregnancy is different. Some families find out very early on they’re expecting multiples, while others - especially if one or more of...

But there aren’t any multiples in our family!

Ah well, science isn’t always exact! While multiples do run in families - if you have sets of non-identical, or fraternal, twins in the...

Will I be able to tell if I’m pregnant with twins, triplets or more?

It’s impossible to say. Some multiples mums say their symptoms were the same as singleton pregnancies, some say they were far worse; as with...
- Advertisment -

Most Read

Get Organised with Home Learning

Having twins or triplets or even one child is challenging and not just physically, but mentally too as they almost always have different personalities,...

Look After Yourself

What should I do? Taking care of yourself during a multiples pregnancy starts with eating well – except that little research has been done on...

Doula Support

What is a Doula? Have you ever heard of one? It’s a woman employed by expecting mothers to help them through pregnancy and the first...

Carpel Tunnel Syndrome

Not related to carpel tunnel syndrome, but endlessly irritating, can be a loss of grip or hand-strength. Save buying or using expensive glasses until...